Need a taste of the Rancho at home? Make this recipe for Fandango Rice and stir up the memories!
- 250g cooked rice (about 1 cup)
- 250ml of soured cream (about 1 cup)
- 125ml milk (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 4 chile poblanos sliced, peeled and de-veined
- 1 can of sweet corn (about 420g/14.8 ounces)
- 3 chicken breast, sliced and fried
- 2 tsp. powdered chicken stock
- grated cheese
- salt, pepper and oregano to taste
Place the rice in the bottom of a casserole. In a frying pan, fry the onion, corn and the chile. When cooked add the cream to the mixture and the chicken stock. Then, pour the mixture over the rice and then add the chicken on top. Next sprinkle the cheese on top and season with the salt, pepper and oregano. Finally pour the milk over the whole dish, thereby ensuring all the flavors mix. Place the casserole in a pre-heated oven at a temperature of 240°C (475 °F) for 20 minutes or until golden.